Sunday, November 3, 2013

Over the summer, I finished my biggest oil painting to date. It is on two canvas' that are each 4 by 3 feet long. It was commissioned by my friends at The Reel Thing, Inc. which is located in downtown Santa Monica. Summer 2013 was a busy one, with a lot of long days spent laboring over this large painting in a really hot studio. It was nice to get back into oil painting after using a lot of acrylics for smaller, quicker pieces that I was selling in street markets in Grand Rapids. I decided to take the opportunity to relocate to the Los Angeles area after wrapping things up with my endeavors in Michigan.

Driving across the northern region of the United States, there were times I became completely overwhelmed by the unbelievable beauty of this country. Now that I'm here, in Los Angeles I've had a lot of time to discover all the areas of this big city and take advantage of the hiking trails. So far, I've hiked Mandeville, Runyon Canyon, Hollyridge, and Charmlee Wilderness park. Its great to be in a place that can offer both an excellent art community and the California vista.


No comments:

Post a Comment