Thursday, June 6, 2013

It is turning out to be one amazing summer so far! 2013 is going to be my year, I can feel it. I will be flying out to LA on July 2nd to do a site visit for a large scale painting. I have lots of other smaller projects lining up quickly. This coming Saturday, June 8th, there is a street market downtown on Division Ave. Festival of the Arts will also be taking place so there is lots to do and see in Grand Rapids this weekend! Click here for a link to the Facebook event.


 
Here are some in-progress photos of the jewelry boxes I painted for the Market. So, I have some functional items for sale and there will be a few small paintings, several prints and some framed artwork. All created by yours truly!

Other news: I am currently obsessed with Lana Del Rey. The first time I heard her was a few years ago, the song "National Anthem" was my first listen and I just thought 'meh'. I have to give my sister credit for playing her album around the campfire the other night and it just... dawned on me. Holy. Crap. This is some amazing stuff! She is an artist and a poet. I love her whole persona and image she has created. Her and Joana Newsom should go on tour together and then, well- I'd die happy.

Come support your local artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment