Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hey all! It is a lovely, rainy day here in Michigan and also a perfect opportunity to update the blog. I have some exciting things going on for spring. Firstly, I wanted to mention that any of my work is available in print format. All you have to do is send me an email at Margaret.Larabel@gmail.com for a quote. It's best to check here for any updates on upcoming work as my website is a more 'formal' representation of my portfolio. My blog is where you can see any in-progress work in addition to whats in my permanent collection.

Speaking of staying up-to-date. Make sure you follow me @mega_bel on Instagram. I know I've already mentioned this smart phone app but I cannot stress how much I really think this tool is incredibly handy for artists and art fans alike for seeing what all of our peers are up to around the world. A huge part of being an artist is being informed about our industry and Instagram is one of my favorite ways to do so. I am constantly posting sketches, progress shots, studio stuff, and completed works. DO IT.

Which brings me to my next point... new studio space soon that I am beyond excited about. I am feeling pretty fortunate to have found not only great studio mates, but now a great space. Once we get all settled in I will probably post some pictures and hopefully links so you can check out my fellow work space buddies.

 Lastly! art.downtown is quickly approaching and yours truly is a registered artist. The oil on wood painting below is an in-progress shot of one of the three pieces that will be on display. I will be posting again soon as that work comes along and as April 12 approaches. I don't have a venue yet, more on that later! The oil painting on canvas also posted below is a commissioned piece- in progress. Thanks for all the love and support. Happy Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment