Friday, August 31, 2012

This is a picture of me holding up an idea for next painting project, its oil on illustration board. Yes it's abstract. Yes it's totally different than anything I've done in awhile. And this took me 4 hours to complete, if you must know. I took a little advice from an experienced graphic designer who told me 'Always log your hours!'. This sounds like the most mundane, tedious, boring thing to do. However, I've learned the importance of tedious mundane things thanks to a (rather boring-but learned a lot from) desk job I had for a brief moment in time.

Sometimes, you have to crunch numbers to access certain valuable information. Ok, enough about crunching numbers, I'm kind of feeling like a geek on a Friday night blogging about time tracking and new studio spaces. Peace out!

Oh, PS- I'm also at my new studio in this picture!

1 comment:

  1. I was directed here by your mom, Jewels.
    I knew you when you were little...and am impressed with your artistic talent.
    I scrolled through your past posts, as well.
    I enjoyed your work, and your blog Margaret!
    Keep posting. It takes a while to build up a following. Visit other blogs, and follow them. Post on facebook, too. Visit Cindy's Fractured Fairytales. She's an artist(and she's crazy, like your mom).
    xoDebbie
    houseatthelake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete